We conserve, repair and restore works of art and furniture, as well as a wide range of cultural heritage and historical material.
We have been operating for twenty five years and have extensive experience with almost all types of materials from which works of art, furniture and objects of heritage significance are made. These include:
International Conservation Services is the largest privately run conservation laboratory in Australia, with a team of conservators specialising in paintings, furniture, paper, textiles, metals and other objects.
We routinely perform the following work:
- Condition assessments
- Diagnosing problems and their causes
- Recommending treatments
- Conservation, restoration and stabilisation treatments, including cleaning, stain reduction, repairs and polishing
- Recommendations for care and maintenance; housekeeping manuals
- Design and fabrication of display systems and supports
- Framing / mounting
- Internal object supports
- Supply of acid free storage boxes and materials
- Presentation of workshops and seminars on the care of cultural material
Many of our staff have worked in museums and galleries around the world. We work to international museum standards including professional code of ethics and practice. Our workshops are equipped to work on material of all shapes and sizes.
Our work is undertaken both in our workshops and also on sites all over Australia.