This full-time position is available for commencement in November 2018. Applications close Monday 12 November 2018.
We are seeking a highly organised Conservation Technician to provide hands-on skills and conservation support, based at our labs in Chatswood, Sydney.
The Conservation Technician provides technical, lab maintenance and administrative support for a wide range of conservation work based at both ICS laboratories and on site. This is a challenging role that supports projects across the whole company, and requires excellent time management and communication skills. The Conservation Technician may also advise on technical aspects of problem-solving within their sphere of expertise.
Day-to-day activities may include:
- Conservation treatment support, e.g. photo-documentation, maintenance of image archives, mat-cutting, hinging, packing objects, preparing treatment workspaces and site equipment, routine preparation of consumable materials, basic research and records maintenance.
- Lab maintenance
- Stores maintenance
- Equipment maintenance
- Movement of objects and materials
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent hands-on technical skills and willingness to to work in a range of conservation disciplines
- Ability to safely lift up to 20kg
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable excellent teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to WHS
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office and basic photo applications
- Australian citizenship or residency
- NSW drivers licence
What we offer:
In return for your hard work and professionalism, you will be entitled to a range of benefits including:
- annual professional development allowance
- mobile phone
- great working environment and people
- flexible working arrangements
Salary will be commensurate with experience in the range of AUD $47,688 to $55,320 plus 9.5% superannuation.
Please view more of our website at www.icssydney.com for additional information about our business.
Download a detailed position description:
Submit your application using this online application form
Your application must include a detailed resume, two referee contacts from current or previous employers, and a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited for this job. Please refer to the selection criteria on the final page of the position description.
For further information email Ruth Thompson, Operations Manager.
Applications close Monday 12 November 2018.
Posted October 2018.