conservation/heritage projects manager
Two full-time positions are available for immediate commencement. Applications will be reviewed upon submission.
We are seeking two highly organised Conservation/Heritage Projects Managers (a Senior Projects Manager and a Projects Manager) to join our Objects and Heritage Team, based at our labs in Chatswood, Sydney.
Conservation work undertaken by the Objects and Outdoor Heritage Team includes a wide range of work for public institutions and private clients covering heritage sites, sculptures, monuments and memorials, artworks, metal objects, organic and plastic objects, ceramics, stone and glass objects, and archaeological and industrial artefacts. The team also regularly consults on and writes condition assessments, maintenance plans and treatment proposals.
Site based conservation and heritage projects will form a significant component of the work, with a requirement for both project management and hands-on technical skills. On-site projects are focussed on the conservation of heritage objects and materials in or on buildings, engineering structures, monuments, outdoor artworks, ruins, etc.
Responsibilities include devising and implementing appropriate conservation methodologies, estimating and preparing quotations and tender submissions, negotiating conditions of contract, managing projects to achieve on time / on budget outcomes, preparing condition assessments and reports, developing and maintaining excellent relations with clients, and contributing to smooth team functioning.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Senior Projects Manager: minimum 8 years experience in heritage or conservation project management, or a closely related field
- Projects Manager: minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- hands-on skills in one or more heritage or conservation disciplines (a strong background in building conservation trades or objects conservation will be highly regarded)
- strong organisational and time management skills
- ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to foster client relationships and engage in networking to promote future work opportunities
- membership of an appropriate professional organisation, or eligibility to apply for membership
- qualification in a relevant field
- Australian citizenship or residency is preferred; ICS may consider visa sponsorship of an appropriately qualified international applicant
- NSW drivers licence (or eligible)
What we offer:
In return for your hard work and professionalism, you will be entitled to a range of benefits including:
- annual professional development allowance
- great working environment and people
- flexible working arrangements
Salary will be commensurate with experience in the range of AUD $68,040 to $90,840 plus 9.5% superannuation.
Please visit our website at www.icssydney.com for more information about our business.
Download a detailed position description:
Submit your application using this online application form
Your application must include a detailed resume, two referee contacts from current or previous employers, and a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited for this job. Please refer to the selection criteria on the final page of the position description.
For further information email Cecily Bickersteth, Finance and HR Manager.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission.
Posted July 2018; updated August 2018.