Thomas Sutcliffe Sculpture Conservation
City of Sydney
Thomas Sutcliffe Sculpture is a large bronze male figure in a suit situated on a plinth made from a mixture of marble, granite and sandstone. It is located in the busy Macquarie park on Loftus St and Bridge St.
- Fence off area. Scaffold sculpture and provide barricading for pedestrian management
- Remove corrosion products from bronze
- Heat sculpture, apply microcrystalline wax and buff to achieve approprites patination
- Clean dirt, grime, and staining and graffiti from plinth
- Provide treatment report and maintenance recommendation